The Go Team takes a look at our outward service, beyond the church building and into our community on behalf of Jesus Christ. As a body of believers committed to serve God through Jesus Christ we will work to seek ways to address the hopes and hurts of the least, the last, and the lost of our community. The least are those who lie in poverty. The last are those who suffer injustice. The lost are those who have not heard the good news of Christ in a compelling fashion. Our desire is to see every member in mission.
The mission of New McKendree United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. And so, the New McKendree Go Team is focused on coordinating and providing mission opportunities in our community, nation and world. We'll be updating this page periodically with opportunities to serve others and to make a difference.
- To position New McKendree as a beacon of grace - when someone in our local area hears “New McKendree," the hope is for them to recognize New McKendree as an organization making a true difference to our community and beyond.
- To develop defining ministries for our church by offering opportunities for all ages and genders.
- For every member to participate in mission work each year.
- The goal for the church in 2014 is 400 servants in mission (50 of those non-members).
- Our definition of a member in mission one who does mission-related work outside the church or fundraising for work to benefit those outside the church. Each member can only be counted once each year.
- To invite and include non-members in New McKendree mission in order to make disciples and to bring new members to New McKendree.
- To develop a funding mechanism for mission work.
Early Response Team Photos - Trip to Oklahoma, June 2015
Video of Flood Bucket Brigade - August 2014
Video of Haiti Mission Trip 2014
Recent Hope House Attic Shelving Project
Emergency Response Training Team Day